What do I need to know about connecting a pellet unit to outside air?

Outside air is mandatory for our pellet units to operate properly. These units have been designed and tested with this type connection, because so many homes are airtight and there is not adequate combustion air available from inside the home.
The air intake pipe is located at the rear of the burn pot and measures one and one half inches (1 1/2") inside diameter (I.D.). This connection can be made with 1 7/8" I.D. metal pipe and coupler, and should exit through the wall or floor. Be sure to secure the pipe to the unit with a clamp or aluminum tape. The outside end of the pipe should be covered (screened) to prevent foreign matter from entering the system.
Our Outside Air Kit (Part Number PU-OAK) can be used. If your unit is located below ground level, you will need to run the pipe up and then outside the dwelling. NOTE: If the total run of the connection exceeds 6', use 3" metal pipe (and coupler) instead.

Important Note: If your run of outside air pipe is more than 6' (six feet), you must increase to 3" diameter pipe.
If you need more information on this, please call our Customer Service at (800) 245-6489 or email us.
Note: The attached .pdf document requires Acrobat Reader to be installed on your system. If you need a (free) copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here.

If you want to purchase the PU-OAK Outside Air Kit, you can do so by clicking here:
[Add to Cart] [View Cart]

Please use your browser's "Back" button to go to the previous page or click a destination below:
Stove Manuals
ESW News
FAQ's, Tips, and Testimonials
About Us
Local Dealers
Stove Accessories & Parts
Metal Fabrication Services
Contact Us:
EMail US
Address/Phone Info

Copyright 2003 England's Stove Works, Inc. All rights reserved.
Revised: November 12, 2004.